Free $50 at Pokerstars

Sunday, January 6, 2008

More cash for the bankroll with a 6 handed $5.50 sit and go

It’s been a while since the other two have played – as you can imagine both have hectic schedules and Dave would probably be over the pacific on his way here as we speak. So I took this opportunity to play some 6 handed poker as this was the format where I made some dollars last time.

It takes a whole of 5 minutes for this game to change. When I mean change, I mean two elimination’s and 2 big stacks. I have only played one hand – that being AhKh and stealing the blinds.

I finally get come chips and take my stack to $1840. Of course I win with my signature hand – Ks10h. and very next hand AsQc. It’s being interesting already, we are now 3 handed and I’m the short stack by only $500. Not too bad shape but the biggest advantage to me is I have not been down to a showdown yet. No-one has seen my cards yet and I’m almost thinking the other two are being so aggressive they might actually be on a crash course soon. This will guarantee me some cash if the crash course does take place but I obviously still play to win.

Crash course takes place but the short stack doubles up! Then action happens, and I double up with pocket queens. It’s all in on the flop and I’m very happy with seeing his cards - having only bottom pair and a backdoor flush draw. Blank...blank and I'm very happy to take down the pot.

Less than three hands later again crash course occurs and this time the short stack is out and I’m in the money! When we play heads up I have $2000 and he has the remaining $7000. It eventually occurred that he won but I never gave up and almost got the chip lead had his pocket 5’s hadn’t flopped my pocket 6’s. But as they say that’s poker!

The bankroll is on its way up and now has cracked the $350 mark. I have to be happy with my game now and its time to stick to the 6 handed events for the donkey. Its amazing how much work you don’t have to do to at least make the money in the 6 handed sit and go’s. Although without forgetting the game is looser and has to change a little. Card’s like K 10 and 9 10 don’t look good with a full table but 6 handed or less – are very playable cards.

No comments: