Free $50 at Pokerstars

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sit and Go the way to go go go

Ok first hand of the tourney and lucky I'm on the button, I start off with a really bad hand like:

Yep that’s me the Donkey. I should point out all our play will be under bankroll exp as our ID.

I’m playing a Turbo $2+$.025 Single Table Sit and Go. This obviously falls into the category of the 2-5% bankroll feature and I believe because it’s a turbo tourney that I won’t have to play a lot of hands to make the money.

12 hands later and still haven’t played a hand yet, but not in bad shape. Only lost my blinds and 3 players already under $1000 in chips which is proving my strategy of just hanging around is working. Staying out of the way early is a great way of not getting in trouble although in saying that picking your time to double up early can prove to be priceless.

A hand at last….. until I overplayed a terrible hand like AJ...



I do think I am winning and believe that Fuglsang100 is only playing position and has proved to be by far the most aggressive but I don’t think it’s a great idea to be risking a lot of my chips on AJ off suit! I fold and lost some chips and now wish this wasn’t a turbo sit and go!!!!!

Down to $510 in chips and desperately need a hand quickly! Only 5 left and could have been happy with the pissy little $350 I raised with when having AJ off suit!


This is why Im the ‘donkey’:

I try to steal from the SB with K8 when its folded to me, but find the BB has pocket 10’s – oops! I get very lucky and end up winning and double up to $1100. Hey I'm just happy to have the money, sometimes u got to get lucky. In the famous words of Joe Hachem – Pass the ‘donkey’ his sugar!!!!

Last hand for me –


I'm the small blind but I'm not the short stack (GNG is the lucky culprit of that)! I get pushed all-in preflop by the spastic on the button and instant call for all my chips and GHG still calls knowing if he folds he makes the money. I lost the hand on the river – which normally would happen on Full Tilt anyway, but beat GNG and grab third place. Not a bad effort after only playing something like 6 hands for the whole tourney!

Can’t get upset with my play about the last hand, as I was short on chips and still pushed with the best hand when all the money was in the middle. So the account now looks like this:


Fair to say a waste of time to only make $1.35 – but slowly slowly and the results will come. $1.35 at a time. We have all the time in the world and nothing to complain about when the money goes into the account!

The Donkey cashes and holds 100% record so far – thats one in a row!!!

1 comment:

Thomas Kennedy said...

One in a row... so far a perfect record!