Free $50 at Pokerstars

Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Holdem House

Just like the Donkey I too have been very busy on the other side of the planet. My job has sent me out to Ohio for 3 weeks with 1 day notice while my laptop takes a shit on me....nice. I think I'll hit a Wal Mart and buy a cheap one to hold me over. The training makes me think of a mixture of a bad Dockers commercial and boot camp. Every moring there is around 30 or 40 business casual dudes in the lobby to be shipped off to head quarters for day. I arrived wed. night went to class thurs. and sucked out into having a 3 day weekend. So I did what any normal person would do, I rented a car and escaped 4hrs away back to Flint. I get back into Flint around 630pm by 8pm im at the Holdem House.
The Holdem House is room that many of my friends frequent, although Ive never been there its really close to my house. Comming from vegas i wasnt impressed at all, it was actually kinda gross but they made good attempts to be hospitable (food, drinks, ect.) It wasnt that big maybe 4 tables, it was way way way way too smoky inside with no ventilation, and the dealer had the worst mechanics ever in life or any other life. Ok its a 2-4 nl game ive only made around $40 then i get cold decked for like 2hrs. Finally i limp in lp with Qd 10d 3way ...blinds, me. Flop - Q J rag two spades. Small blind (dead money) is all in not for much, bb (donkey) makes is $34 to go. Putting him on spades I flat call. Turn comes 5h blank. the donkey checks. I study him for like 2seconds knowing he missed, i push all in for $60. The way hes handling his chips i know hes on spades , after like 10sec he calls reluctantly. SB has J 6 , BB has 7 6 Spades!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what the hell?? and of course my Q 10 doesnt hold up when a spade comes up on the river. My buddy says to the guy .."How do u call that?"

No comments: