Free $50 at Pokerstars

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Take 2 - sit and go 6 handed turbo

Same yet different. Obviously 6 handed a little faster and turbo makes it even more interesting. A lot more aggressive play is involved and only top 2 gets paid.

Down to $510 after playing a hand I probably shouldn’t be getting involved in. People will have their opinions but I think the play was right... then wrong – if that makes sense?

I'm under the gun with a little hand Ah10c but have been playing tight thus far. I raise the pot and it gets folded around to the big blind who goes all-in. Now this particular player has been super aggressive and is the short stack. My initial thinking process was ‘he knows I'm a tight player and will try to get my chips right now.’ I end up calling and he happens to have pocket Q’s! What am I supposed to do? Fold would probably be the correct answer, but I dish off a lot of chips and get crippled.

A few hands later I get pocket J’s in the small blind and move all-in. I might be lucky that the big blind has A J off suit as you can see below, but he still makes the call and I doubled up!


This time I’m not unlucky and pick up pocket Q’s again in the small blind (I'm never unlucky, am I truly?) to an all-in under the gun with pocket 10’s. I of course instant call and knock this fella out of the tournament.

Down to four players and sitting as the short stack waiting for another double up quickly!

Three handed – pace has picked up and now running second in chips and has to be pointed out this was the funniest hand of the sit and go and why we are down to three players. Well the story is a below but be fair I was the big blind and it didn’t cost me a cent. Not only that he checked the flop after me and bet out all the way till the river when I check raised him all-in, he called in a heart beat. Yes thats 8 3 off suit – ship it!!

Ouch! Out on the bubble with a silly hand! Below are the details that I don’t want to explain except the part I pushed all-in on the flop – pretty bad play but thought I was ahead. No excuse and no wonder they call me the Donkey.


Sneaky play by Mrck for not raising preflop on the button but he caught me like he was fishing for his avatar.

The Donkey’s record stands now at 1-1. How does this work when our account is:

Because FullTiltPoker are smart. The entry fee and the fact that I got pretty much stuff all for my first sit and go. Next time the Donkey will strike back!

No comments: