Free $50 at Pokerstars

Monday, December 10, 2007

$3+$.30 KO 90 player sit and go - No good again!

So this isn't what I normally play but it looked fun and interesting. I have never played a KO (Knockout) tournament and it seemed appealing. Basically from the original buy in of $3.00 - $2.50 is put towards the pool and the remaining $.50 is a bounty on every player. So each player you knockout you get $.50. To me this means if I don't make the money but still manage to knock out 6 players I make a total of $.30. In a broader scale, you can still make money without actually making the money!

Play has been going for 25 minutes and not much to explain really. I have already been lucky enough to have pockets rockets but no action and also a few other stolen pots have me sitting at $3115, which is only $115 more than starting stack but in saying that the field is already down to 60 players (30% deduction).

I don't end up lasting too long and eventually get eliminated in 47th place - no knockouts, profit and no money. The last hand is below but the explaining is what ill do now. I of course have pocket Jack's (also known as a bad pocket pair to some). And before the action gets to me its raised to $480 and called by someone else, I don't want to go broke and risk all my chips in a race so I smooth call leaving me $2,200. I could have folded preflop after someone else has already called but like I said, don't want to risk all my chips preflop unless I have pocket Kings or Queens.

Flop comes down 5h 3c 5s - beautiful I think to myself. The initial raiser bets out a bet of $960 and the caller folds with action no on me. I think "I can't call here, must raise or fold." I already had this person on AK preflop and the bet is a little weak for my liking, so I push = WRONG!!!
Kiara 79 immediately calls and shows Queens. Ouch - no improvement and I'm out.

Roll now stands at :

No comments: