Free $50 at Pokerstars

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Double Stack... Rapid Stack!

1st time ever, I decided to play a Double Stack $1.25 90 Plys SnG, just for the taste of it! Starting with 3K in chips, feels goooood! 5 mins into the game on 15/30 I've got Qd 10d on the button, the 2nd player to act B-townGrinder raises to $75, with 4 callers ahead of me - I have to call for... "the Value"! Flop: 8d Ad 5c, B-townGrinder bets $240, HamboneK38 raises to 2,760, and is all in, the rest folds; I think for a while n would like to gamble for a flush, are now heads up. HamboneK38 shows Ks Ac, I desperately need a diamond to win. Turn: 4h n River: 5s, busted flush draw n now I'm crippled to $165.

With only $165 left, I really need to get lucky n double up, triple up, quad-triple up... 3 hands later I get very lucky with Kh Ks. 20/40 Priobui raises to $160, I move all-in for a whopping $165, HamboneK38 calls n Priobui is not going nowhere with an extra $5 to call. Flop: Jd 8d 2h, with an over pair I'm thinking "Gold", check to the turn. Check? Wow, I'm winning for sure! Turn: 9c, Priobui bets $200 n Hambone folds. Priobui shows 8c 8h, "Arggggghh" slow play his set on the Flop, gave me false hopes that I'm way ahead! King! All I need is a King! River: 6s. Oh well... I'm out n I thought I just "got lucky". At least it was an easy cheap game, only wasted 10-15 mins of my poker life.

Current bankroll is $294.35. Off to bed now will play another 1 tomorrow n hopefully I'll manage to make some "CASH".

No comments: