Free $50 at Pokerstars

Thursday, December 20, 2007

6 handed sit and go for a change - and make some $$$

It seems no matter what I do on the bankroll experience I never win. I change buy-ins, limits, and players per tourney and can’t make a profit. I have been playing on my own account lately finding I make my money playing 6 handed sit and go’s more than anything else. Why not give it a go on the bankroll exp?

6 handed sit and go’s are a completely different ball game in terms of style of play, what hands can be played and how the action is played. Needing to play looser is better in 6 handed but also wanting to put all the money in with at least 2ND pair is a must. The top 2 in 6 handed sit and go’s get paid. Which is great, with odds at 3-1 to make the money, I favour myself to at least make the money or win it.

I don’t play for a while until I find Jd10d. It is raised pre-flop but in a normal tourney I muck straight away, but 6 handed play changes. There are three of us to the flop. BANG flop comes down with me having the nuts! 7d 8c 9h with no draws. I check to the raiser who leads out for half the pot, telling me he has a big hand and is not scared of the flop at all. I raise just over double trying to keep him in with the other horsey involved mucking and the initial raiser smooth calling. A blank Kc on the turn, and more money in the pot than I have left I immediately push all my chips in and he calls and shows 10c 10s. That’s not too bad knowing full well I can’t loose but can only split. That’s when the repeat 9c comes down on the river and I double up – In the kind words of ‘The Pro’ HOLLA!

Nothing happens for about a round and a half until I am on the button and wake up with pocket rockets!!! Before the action gets to me the short stack pushes all of his chips in costing me $845 to call. I don’t even get the chance to raise before it gets to me but I don’t mind the action before me. I think for a while before just smooth calling hoping for some more fish in the sea but unfortunately everyone folds. He rolls over 8 8 and of course I’m a mile ahead and praying for no 8. Blanks out and I chip up a pot over $1700, increasing my stack to over $3800.

Play is so slow and we are four handed. I haven’t had a hand besides AK and I hit nothing and was forced to fold to a very nice bet. Chip stack is dropping and down too $2800 but still remain chip leader by only a couple of hundred $$$.

We are finally down to 3 handed and play has become very aggressive. I have had to fold AK 4 handed but was correct fold against pocket jacks. I am short stacked now and trying to find a hand ti double up with quickly or hope the two big stacks try to fight it out between each other.

Double up twice with Ace high and a pari of Ace's and knock out the 3rd player making us heads up. The player I'm playing against has by far been the most aggressive player of the lot and tries to push everyone else of pots and fair to him/her they have been the chip leader most of the whole way through the 6 handed tourney. But I know I can catch him if I am patient and aggressive enough when I have the hands to be, knowing full well he will pay me off or try to make a move when I have him dominated.

Last hand I have AQ and have him crippled a couple of times already taking the chip lead and just letting him do all the betting. I have him on the ropes when he pushes me all in after I flop top pair and I insta call, knowing I’m ahead and hoping it will blank out, which it does and the bankroll exp finally makes some money from ‘The Donkey.’

It’s the first time I have done something for the bankroll exp and I’m guessing ill be playing 6 handed sit and go’s until it fails on me. Having ‘The Pro’ watching and railing me definitely helped. Things will change and time for the Donkey to come out of the closet and consistently make money – mark my words!

Roll now at over $347 with a litte change aswell - Giddy Up!

No comments: