Free $50 at Pokerstars

Sunday, February 10, 2008

WSOP Freeroll = BUSTO (Real F#$%KING early)

As expected I didnt win the seat to the WSOP on FullTilt. But damm I didn't expect to get knocked out really early. Their was approx about 191 players this event with the winner taking a nice $12,500 package to the WSOP. Which included entry to the main event, accomodation and money for travel. These days you can take the cash and don't have to play the main event, and although the cash would be nice if I was lucky enough to win the freeroll no doubt I'd rather play the main event.

It sucked so bad going out within the first 15minutes! Like not even 20 people had been knocked out of the freeroll and I was out. Of course I play badly and get unlucky and blah blah bullshit. But man one break every now and then wouldn't be so bad! This time I was actually happy to loose because my opponent had the best hand when all the money went in preflop but again thats poker and no doubt The Pro and I will be playing some more cash games to get more points for him to play the next WSOP freeroll!

The hand - In short : KK v AA.

The Hand - In Long : Its a pretty tight table even though a lap just passed, I realised this was a great table to pinch a lot of hands. Tight being e.g someone raise everyone folds. I hadn't played a hand except my blinds (twice) and in true honesty their was only 7 players playing (the other 3 were sitting out - not present but registered).

I hadn't seen a real hand till I wake up UTG with pocket Kings. So as usual I pot it, and as expected it gets folded around to the small blind who re-pots me. WOW I wasn't entirely expecting that - maybe a fold or maximum a call but a re-raise had not been done at this table. What made this a WOW factor, was this person was the most aggressive at the time raising every second hand.I mmediately I put him on AK if that, showing very little respect towards his rasie. So I think for a while before pushing all my chips in hoping he has AK or maybe QQ, and an insta call made me think "Oh Shit not AA." Their they were just staring at me, my tournament and shot to make it to Vegas for free was over!

Their will be other chances and Dave might make it happen in a month's time but who know's what the future holds. Im not upset about putting all my chips in and to think the chances of the SB waking up with AA is rare. So as the story and saying goes "THATS POKER."

No comments: