Free $50 at Pokerstars

Thursday, November 8, 2007

Another non-finish and the bankroll slipping away

Let’s try our luck at another $2+.25 no-limit hold em single table sit and go. No turbo again and time to build some money damn it.

5 minutes into the tournament and I haven’t played a hand yet but we have lost 3 player’s leaving us with a total of 6 remaining. There are a few people that have already doubled up and it’s fair to say this is the craziest sit and go I have played so far. I am of course the short stack and still have not played a hand besides the blinds.

Limits have gone up to 25/50 with 6 players till fighting it out with me included. I have only $985 left and am dying for a double up in a hurry! On double up would put me third in chips. Yep, meaning two players have plenty of chips and are bullying the table like they should when they are the big stacks.

For the first time since playing online poker I have seen someone (last person to act) check the nuts on the river. Now I am not aware of the rules ate Full Tilt Poker but am pretty sure at the WSOP if your last to act and you check the absolute nuts, like Jeff1987 did in the sit and go I’m playing, you get a penalty! Not only is it stupid not to try to get money from the other player’s involved in the hand by betting but it also open’s the door to collusion. It also speeds up the game and we move on to the next hand….

Out in 6th place without playing more than 5 hands throughout the tournament, besides the blinds. The hand is below but this is how the action went down. I am in the big blind with only $450 behind me. The blinds are 60/120 so I have over ¼ of my stack invested before I get cards. The only player that has been caught stealing, raises from the button and I look down at Q J. I think for a while before making the call knowing that if I hit I win and he is probably ahead of me preflop anyway but its time to gamble and when his cards roll over I am happy we are racing. He has only one over card and both mine are live. He flops an ace and its goodbye charlie for me.


Another dismal effort with not even a placing to show for it. Maybe Omaha single table sit and go is better for me?

No comments: