Free $50 at Pokerstars

Friday, November 16, 2007

Folded to the Final Table...

Had a few complaints that I haven't been playing "regularly" lately, I decided to play a $1.25 45 players again [cos I won last time] with my buddy mucklare. Didn't play a hand until the 2nd level 20/40 with $1545 in chips [oh! I had a few "walks"] JdJc in the CO, with only the Blinds in the pot I raised it to $245, SB calls and BB folds. Flop: Qh 9d 4c, SB checks and I bet $530; calls. Turn: 9c, SB checks so I'm all-in for $770; SB calls and is all-in for $610. SB shows AdJs... no idea what aoldsoul is calling for [?]. River: Ks, it's all in my favour and I actually knocked a player out too! $2950 in chips now!

Lost 16 players in 22 mins, I had 3 pocket pairs in a row; KK, 77 and 44 but had no action so nothing interesting to blog about. Blinds are now 40/80 with KcJd in SB, no callers... up to me I call and we see a flop: 6d 4s Jh. I bet $160 BB smooth calls. Turn: Ac, the scary Ace hits the board and I check, BB bets $80; too cheap for me to fold! River: 5d, again I check, BB bets $240 which makes it somehow "fishy"... I think for a few secs and I call! Great call cos BB rolls over 5s2c. Ship it!!! $3175 now!

60/120 with 22 left! $2625 in chips now which is below the average stack! 45 mins into the game now with 19 plys left... 50 mins 14 left... 51 mins 12 left... Getting such "cold deck" that I've got nothing better to do than checking how many players are left! 120/240 $1885 I desperately need a lot of help now! 10 plys left, playing short handed now, only 5 plys and they just sat down 2 of the massive chip leaders onto my table [what kind of help is that???]. Geez! After being bullied by the Chip Leaders I still managed to make the Final Table with $1165! Not a bad effort [I tell myself]!

On a 4 mins Break, I quickly clicked the "I'm Back" button cos I wanna quickly finish this game off but I must be the only one cos the Break still took 4 mins! 150/300 I lasted another level, 200/400 now I'm so short stack now after being blinded off $665. AdJc in my BB, the next ply UTG just lost a massive pot and now goes all-in for $3626, everyone folded except for me! Well it only cost me $265 to call and with AdJc I'm in for sure! The raiser shows AhKh! I need a Jack!!! Board: 4h Qc 7d 8h 3d, no Jack!

If only I had a few more chips, I'll be able to just fold my way to the $$$ but with the shortest chip stack at the table... it's was just too hard! The worst part is I came 7th, yep... I just "bubbled"! Bankroll account: $296.70. There's always a next time!

No comments: